Wednesday, September 3, 2008

His Amazing Grace

In just 24 short hours, the following has happened:

1) I have received countless emails from wonderful people congratulating us on our new daughter and with tips about toddler adoption and strabismus;

2) I have received an email of a woman who has met our daughter and will be emailing with her thoughts and hopefully pictures - can you believe this;

3) I have received 3 new pictures of BS from a sister of one of her friends at PHH - one of which may be the youngest picture I have of her - I will be enternally grateful for the time that Emily took to share these special photos with me; and

4) I have been linked to a blog of a young lady at PHH who was there last year whom I just emailed to see if she had any information; and

5) I have fallen more in love with a picture of a little girl on the other side of the world who, in all reality, is a complete stranger.

Some may think the above items are just good luck. I think it is something more...

Thank you.





This is one of the photos that Emily sent me. Baby Sissy, whose name will hopefully soon be finalized, is in the pink. Isn't she dreamy?

6 comments:

jeanette said...

Ashley -you don't know me -I just found your blog thru Tabitha's...the pic you have posted here in this post, from Emily, was taken by me last 11/1. :) We have video too. We'd be happy to make a copy of it for you if you don't already have one. :)
you can email me at chick n boy @ cox .net just take out the spaces. :)
blessings-
jeanette

Sue said...

Just amazing!!!! All these little connections from you to her! So happy you will have so much more info on her early days and some photos too!!!

Steve n Coco said...

I just found your blog and thought I would say hi and HUGE congratulations on your Baby Sissy! You're right,she is absolutely perfect just how she is!!
Be blessed,
Courtney

Sonia said...

Congratulations ~ your daughter is beautiful! We are awaiting our little "peach" too!

Jen & Rob said...

No Ashley I don't believe any of those things are just 'good luck.' As your title said, it IS his amazing grace! And you've been so diligent it seems in finding out as much as you can and making connections and asking a lot of questions. It is no wonder that all these wonderful things are opening up before your eyes. I look forward to hearing more as always!
Jenny G.

Jen & Rob said...

No Ashley I don't believe any of those things are just 'good luck.' As your title said, it IS his amazing grace! And you've been so diligent it seems in finding out as much as you can and making connections and asking a lot of questions. It is no wonder that all these wonderful things are opening up before your eyes. I look forward to hearing more as always!
Jenny G.