Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Have Been Tagged!





Rule 1: Kristen from A Family Is Forever tagged me. I think it is to get me back for procrastinating and never getting together. See, Kristen lives within walking distance from my "clean" house and we still cannot get our acts together and meet (ok, probably just me). She is a mom to 4 kiddos, 2 of which are from China. All her kiddos are gorgeous and I cannot wait to meet her. Oh, and Kristen just as an fyi in Target I am always at the popcorn counter (feeding the family popcorn fetish), the toy section (chasing a minnie monster), or in the little girls section getting all moonie over the clothes!


Rule 2: Hmmm what to say that is appropriate to post....heheheheh.


1. I hate to listen to and return telephone calls. I am also a terrible pre-screener. It is so bad that at times I have 35 messages on my home phone. I have now disconnected the machine. My hubby hates this and attempts to counsel me as to my "absurd ways." My constant response: "phones are for convenience and I find it to be inconvenient to answer it at this time." He doesn't think this is funny either. I should be better about this!


2. I LOVE school. In fact, I really really love it. I would go back to law school in a minute. I loved every single second of it. I probably knew more the day I graduated from law school than I will ever know in my life. If I could afford it, I would go get another degree now. I think it may be an addiction.


3. I went to University of Victoria law school in Victoria, British Columbia for a semester and loved the area so much. It was the most amazing area that I have ever visited. I even flew to Alaska for a long weekend. Man, just to walk the inner harbour or hike in Olympic National Park again....it was amazing. It was also an environmental law program....guess that part didn't stick because I just started recycling. I would love to live in this area and hope one day I can take Hubs there.


4. I met Hubs on a blind date. I had moved to a tiny town in North Georgia after law school and wanted to find someone to hang out with. I had tried out the 3 single men in town and was pretty discouraged. I nabbed Mike the night he moved back into town. On our first date he told me that I talked to much when I drank wine. It took me about 6 months to actually see him again on an official date. That could be, but I guess it did the trick.

5. This is getting hard...I am not that interesting. I am getting writer's block. Oh, I used to love to invest in real estate. In fact, my mom and I did it together. She had many many many more properties than me. It was great for a while. Being a real estate investor and then dying - not so great. Now, I am completely over it. No passion for it and no desire. Guess its just not fun anymore plus the economy is for the pits. Now, I am stuck with a ton of property in a faltering market. Pretty depressing and stressful. Anyone looking for a good deal on some property?


6. If I can pull it off, I will be the only person in my family to not have cancer. I am really determined to make it stop with me so that my kids and husband feel the loss of an entire family. First step, I need to rid myself of my Diet Coke addiction. I stopped when my mom was diagnosed because she stopped, but once she died I started back up. The problem...oh, it is so so so good and I love it with ice from a fountain. McD's has a lovely Styrofoam cup right now that makes a lovely combination. I can skip the rest of the McD's just not their nice cup and Diet Coke. Hey, its my coffee back off :)


7. I am so crazy in love with my minnie mr that sometimes I cannot see straight. I think he is just one of the most amazing little people that I have ever met and I cannot believe that I get to be his mommy. I am so lucky and cannot wait to really get my hands on little Piper. I wish that everyone could experience how amazing falling in love with a little child across thw world really is.

Rule 3: Hopefully after reading these 7 items, my bloggie friends will continue to associate with me. I tag the following:


Emily at And Then There Were Seven I know that Emily must be the best big sister ever. She is part of a wonderful and loving family that is about to leave for China in 9 days to get Kate. Kate was buddies with Piper at Philip Hayden. Emily is in China now meeting Kate!


Torrie at Small Wonders Torrie has two beautiful daughters and her youngest is just a couple of days younger than Piper. She returned from China a few months ago and has been a source of support for me.


Shanna at Our Big Crazy Family Shanna is a PTC area gal with tons 'o kiddos. I met her for one insta second when the Minnie Puker and I made our grand entrance at a play date.

Heather who just welcomed sweet baby George and is waiting for darling Lillian. She is a new Supermom going from 1 child to 3 in just a matter of months. Heather, I cannot wait to see pictures of the new minnie man in your life.

Jenny is still waiting for her little darling....waiting WAY TOO LONG. Hopefully there is a referral out there for her. Jenny was at orientation with me and lives in Macon. She and I have had fun complaining and comiserating during the wait :)


I am going to add the other two later. This has been in hold in my box for a while.










No comments: