Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Not So Fun Fact #4


Pancreatic cancer research constitutes less than 2% of the National Cancer Institute’s federal research funding—a figure far too low given the severity of the disease.
.
I think this is the one that bothers me the most, which is why I posted this one today. Today marks 13 months since pancreatic cancer took my mom from our family.
.
All cancers suck.
.
My dad died of cancer of the parodied gland when I was 9.
.
My grandmother died of breast cancer when I was in high school.
.
My mom's two sisters are breast cancer survivors.
.
I have seen what cancer can do. Pancreatic cancer is the worst I have seen so far. It is a silent killer that often moves rapidly without detection. The fact that this cancer, that is the 4th largest cancer killer only gets 2% funding is absurd and it is unacceptable to me. For now, maybe all I can do is complain about it and get the word out. One day, maybe I can do more. Until then, you are all stuck listening to me.
.
Thanks for listening!

No comments: