Thursday, September 11, 2008

Psychic Palm Reading

Have you ever had your palm read? Well, I did today. I was hesitant to post about it, but thought I had to share. One of my dearest friends is very into this type of "thing." Years ago we called a psychic together to see what she had to say. I never listened again to the tape because its sort of embarrassing. However, it is and has remaining in the top drawer of my desk this whole time.
.
Well, the local coupon mailer came out with a coupon for a psychic palm reader in the area. I have seen her "office" many times but have never seen anyone there. It was only $20 so I picked up two coupons and went to tell Heather. She was immediately thrilled and called to schedule our appointments.
.
I tried to warn Heather what a shack this place was, but she was still a tad horrified when we pulled up. I told Heather that since I went first with the psychic years ago that she had to go first this time.
.
In we went. The walls were prefab, the carpet purple, the molding didn't meet, and there was odd decor all around the place. Candles were burning - not my favorite thing as I am super sensitive because of migraines to anything perfumie. Crystal - the psychic palm reader - came of of her room and apologized that the overhead lights were broken, which was the reason for the candles. We said no problem and Heather went in the room.
.
I was trying to breath through my mouth so I wouldn't smell the scented candles and get a migraine. As I sat there and looked around, I literally said to myself..."How did I get here. How did my life get to the point that at 35 I am waiting for a palm reading in this place. Why I am sitting in a tiny shack on the side of the roadway with a glowing neon light and what the heck is going on with me." I then said, "Mom, if I need to be paying attention and this is the real thing can you send me a sign. I know that signs are a big deal and you couldn't do it all the time, but one would be nice now."
.
I turned back to the tv and I started feeling better. Not sure why, I just did. About 3 minutes later all of the overhead lights turned themselves on. Uuuummmm, did you catch that? The broken lights all turned on. My initial reaction....oh crap. Then a few minutes later Heather walked out all smiles and I reluctantly got up. I knew it....it was going to be bad.
.
Ladies, she pegged me dead on. I was a bit freaked and starting to get a little panicky at this point and I lied. I know I shouldn't have, but the first thing out of her mouth was about my family member that I took care of last year and who am I caring for now...and wait, who was sick when I was younger that I cared for. My response: "Not sure who you are talking about." She continues to make statements, I continue to refute them.
.
At this point I know I am doomed and she continues. She continues to hit everything on the head. I continue to act like she has no idea what she is talking about. In my head, I am screaming get me the heck out of here now.
.
Now here is the kicker, she brought up things that I have probably only told a handful of people in my life. My response - continued denial. It then became obvious that she knew I was lying and obvious that I was lying and we ended the session. I know I should not have denied these issues and I should have continued to see what she had to so, but I panicked - I mean really panicked.
.
So, out I go to the lobby where Heather is sitting. I shoot her dagger eyes and we walk out. She said just keep walking and pretend everything is normal. We get in the car and she said, "Ashley, you start first because it is fresh in your mind." I started with the light story and then about how she started out about how I have been a caregiver for my family and Heather interrupted with the following...
.
"Dude, she was dead on with everything she said about me. I mean everything. She knew it all."
.
Yes, we still call each other Dude - even in the office (we went to college together). I am probably the only person whose assistant calls down the call "Hey Dude, can this letter go out?"
.
Anyway, we compared notes and went back to work in a haze. I would say a bit depressed, a bit scared, and a bunch of reality in the face.
.
Should I go back for more? Its not like I have to admit I was lying...she is psychic and she knows...plus she called me out on it!

3 comments:

ABM said...

I say no. But you probably don't want to know why.

Kristin said...

Wow. Kind of freaky, huh? I've never been. Not sure I want to but am curious to know if I'd have the same experience.

Did you have a good anniversary weekend????

Kristin said...

Hmm. Kind of freaky, huh? I've never been but always wondered what the person would tell me.

Did you have a good anniversary weekend??